Sunday 10 January 2016

The War On Fate

The fan screams of hatred,
the light burns of it,
the air is full of it,
and the world breeds it.

In one corners lies a punching bag,
who’s both the fiend and my only friend,
on it a pair of gloves hang,
with which I pour upon it,
every now and then,
my brimming heart,
which does not my fate accept.

And if destiny does propose,
That I be torn apart,
From all I care for,
From all I stand for,
Not once, not twice, but times four,
Then I shall settle this score,
For once and forever, on the field of war,
For then it is destiny that I oppose.

And it shall make a worthy opponent,
For it has conquered us all,
But now it must fall,
For in me it has bred a beast,
And I shall not be its guinea pig,
For it to experiment on and rule upon.

For when I come face to face,
With the monster we call fate,
The I shall seal its fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment